Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Impossible

Oh Hi!

I recently read the book "The Humans" by Matt Haig and it completely changed me. While the whole book was filled with amazingness I want to focus onn one specific thing which really just stuck with me.

"You shouldn't have been born. Your existence is as close to impossible as can be. To dismiss the impossible is to dismiss yourself." - Matt Haig "The Humans"

In the book, the main character thinks about how the humans are pretty much impossible. This me that I am is close to impossible because of the hundred of sperms (I'm sorry) and the million of things that can go wrong. But still, I am. That in itself is a miracle. (If you read the book it's a lot better explained so please do!)

Because of all the things that could've gone wrong but didn't go wrong, you're sitting here reading this blogpost (thank you) and I'm here right now writing it. We are impossible. But still, we are.

Because of all the things that could've gone wrong but didn't go wrong, you're breathing today. That's impossible. But still, you are.

What Matt Haig is saying (and what I'm saying now) is that the impossible is possible. Because we are impossible but still, we are
That means that everything people say is impossible, is possible. It's not a matter of not being able to do it, it's a matter of not actually doing it. How will you ever know if the impossible if possible if you don't try?

So next time you think "No, it's impossible" remember that so are you, but still you are. So breathe in, and go for it. Because you are impossible, and still, here you are.

This also leads me to a video that Luke Cutforth, aslo known as LukeIsNotSexy on youtube uploaded a video kind of discussing this. Watch it, it's good!


No comments:

Post a Comment