Saturday, August 9, 2014

Back To School | Tips & Tricks

Oh Hi!

So I am going back to school on monday which quite honestly makes me really sad. The summer break went by way too fast and now I'm here having to think about making new friends and buying books and notebooks and stuff, so it's not that exciting. But that's why I decided to write this blogpost today; to give you, and myself, tips and tricks to survive back to school and the whole school year over all!

1. Set a realistic alarm.
Trust me, you'll not be able to get up the first day at 5 if you start school at 9. You'll want to sleep in as long as possible. So think about how long it'll take you to get ready for school, and set an alarm so that you don't have to stress but don't have to physically DRAG yourself out of bed. And no one wants to end up snoozing the alarm until it's 10 minutes 'til school starts!

2. Do your hair the night before.
Again, you will NOT be able to get up very early in the morning to do your hair, so do it the night before. Either sleep with braids or if you wanna curl your hair, do it the night before and then you can just touch it up  a little in the morning!

3. Use cold spoons on your eyes.





I did this a lot last year when I was so tired every morning. I had a pair of spoons in the freezer (you can also put them in the refrigerator) and put them on my eyes every morning until they got warmer. It's supposed to thighten the skin around your eyes and make you look less tired, but if it doesn't do that at least you'll feel a little more awake from the coldness of the spoons and I totally recommend this if you have especially tired eyes!

4. Buy nice and good school supplies.



I don't know about you, but when I have nice pens, pencils and notebooks I enjoy using them a whole lot more. It's not just that they're cute looking, but that they're also good and not breaking every time I start using them. And if you do a lot of writing in your school, have an especially nice pen that doesn't make your fingers hurt so damn much from holding it, and don't use pens that end up being only like 5 centimeters because no one likes writing with that short pens! Also, pro tip, if you make notes, make notes with colorful pencils and not just plain black because it's (at least for me) a lot easier to remember stuff when I can remember "oh that line was written in RED" and maybe also use a different color for extra important stuff!




5. Eat a good breakfast.
I know I SUCK at this, because I can not for the life of me bring myself to eat a big and healthy breakfast at six in the morning but I've promised myself to try and eat more in the mornings. If you're like me, maybe bring an apple or another fruit with you that you can eat on the ride to school or while having a little break before or after lunch break, just so you'll have energy to concentrate in class! Also try and stay hydrated, especially during these hot days in August! There's nothing worse than getting dehydrated while being in school!

Last but not least, try to enjoy it. I know we all complain about having to get up so early and maybe we don't like every person that goes to our school but try to see something good in every day. Try to focus on what's important but don't beat yourself up if you don't get the best results on everything. You can't be best at everything.
Try to make friends and try to enjoy the time and listen to what the teacher says, because there's nothing better than learning new things and expanding your knowledge and thoughts. It's good for you, trust me! So embrace your school years and everything will turn out just fine!

Good luck on whatever you're starting now in fall, and remember to find something good in everyday, because it's there, I promise♥


No comments:

Post a Comment