Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Makeup Mayves - M&C Collabs

Oh Hi!

It's again time for the monthly collab and because of personal things for me and Cara the May post has been a little delayed, but it's finally here!

May is all about makeup and our top 5 FAVORITE makeup items of all time. So let's just get into it, shall we? And don't forget to check Cara's blogpost too!


The first thing I'm going to talk about is the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil. Eyebrows frame the face so it's always important to have your eyebrows filled in or else your face might look a little off and this pencil works for me. I have it in the shade 004 Black Brown and I find that it's the perfect color for me. Applied with an angled brush gives the best result but if you're lazy (like me) it does what it's supposed to do even if you just do it straight with the pencil. The brush that it comes with also comes in handy as it removes product overload and makes it all look so much more natural!


This next thing is powder. Everyone has heard of this and I gave into the hype. It's the Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder. I have it in the shade 004 Sandstorm but I think it's a little too dark for me and would like to get the transparent one. Anyway, for someone like me who has such an oily T-zone this is a miracle. It really does keep my face matte. It works best if I press it into the skin and not just brush it on. I don't know what else to say but if you have oily skin this is for you!


Next is Mascara, and now I'm cheating and talking about 2 mascaras, mostly because I often use these two together. They're the Maybelline The Colossal Volum' express Waterproof and Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp Ultra-volume mascara. These two mascaras both promise a lot of things on the back of them (at least the maybelline one) and I agree with everything. They give the big volume they swear to do. Also, they make my eyelashes appear longer and that's just amazing. I do feel, however, that I should get the Maybelline one in non-waterproof as I feel that it wears of quite quickly sometimes. But they do their job and they are my babies.


Most girls collect lipsticks and lipglosses and most of us own waaaayyy too many. I'm not any different. So when Tanya Burr came out with her own Nail polishes and Lipglosses line I HAD to buy at least ONE lipgloss. After a lot of thinking I decided to get her lipgloss called "Picnic In The Park" and I LOVE it. It stays on forever and it's such a pretty shade and if I would marry it I would. I don't use it that often though as I never want it to run out and the struggle here is real.


The last thing is a makeup brush that I use everytime I apply foundation. It's the BH Cosmetics Duo Fiber Stippling brush. It's the SOFTEST THING ON EARTH and applying foundation with it is heaven. It honestly feels like somebody's gently stroking your face when nope, it's a brush. I've applied foundation with my fingers before but not anymore, not now that I have this brush. It's really easy to use and since it's so soft you don't feel like it's dragging on your skin either and that's good since some brushes can be really harsh on your face. If you want a good foundation brush, this is it.

We have now come to the end where, as usual, there's a message from Cara:
hello my dears! it would mean so so much to me if you came and said hello over at my blog. leave my Maddie lots of love in the comments bc I made her cry ahah, big love always x

Thank you guys for reading and let me know what your top 5 makeup items are! And remember to check out Cara's blogpost to see her top 5 makeup items!

No comments:

Post a Comment