Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bikini Body?


Oh Hi!

On today's Beauty Wednesday I thought I would adress what magazines refer to as the "bikini body" because it pops up all the time the months before bathing season.
And if you're now thinking "God please no, not another person who will tell me how to achieve the bikini body" then don't worry. I will not show you work outs that'll give you that flat stomach or foods that will help you lose fat. I'm not here for that.

I wanted to talk about the "Bikini body" because I find it RIDICULOUS. It seems like we ladies should start working out like crazy and become health freaks months before we're gonna get into our bikini just so we can please the eyes of others. No, I wasn't born for that shit.

Though I am working out and eating healthier (since the new year I should point out) I might sound like a hypocrite, but I'm not. I'm not working out and eating healthier to get a bikini body, I'm working out and eating healthier to FEEL healthier. And that's why you should work out and eat good. Not to please others, not to get that famous "bikini body" that everyone talks about.

What even is a "bikini body"?

Is it this?


Or this?


Or maybe this?


You guys have now of course picked which one you think is the ideal "bikini body" and I'm gonna disappoint you all. All of the pictures I showed are bikini bodies. You don't have a bikini body only if you're skinny, you don't have a bikini body only if you have a big ass. No you have a body and a bikini, put the bikini on and that is YOUR OWN bikini body.

I'm not against working out and eating healthy, but I don't like the idea of having to stress to get a bikini body for 2-3 months and then start eating unhealthy again until it's that panic time again to get in shape. 

In my opinion the greatest body is a healthy body, whether that means you're curvy or skinny, it doesn't matter. As long as your healthy and happy, you shouldn't be worried. People are always gonna hate, you might as well just give them another reason to be jealous and hate (by being happy and healthy) and show of that body of yours.

And guys, don't try to get a body you simply can't have. Know that some people can't get a flat stomach, know that some people can't get that hour-glass shape, know that some people can't get that Kim Kardasian booty. And that is alright.



No comments:

Post a Comment