Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas - Then & Now

I remember when I was little and how excited I was for Christmas every year.
I woke up at 8am on Christmas Eve and I went up and ate breakfast with my family and we then started preparing for the Christmas dinner we would have later that day.
I always made the table and put up cards to each and every one so they would know where they have to sit.
Christmas Eve is always such a long day because you know Santa is coming but he's coming in the evening but you know that when he's coming you're getting to sit in his lap and say "thank you" everytime he gives you a present.

Christmas was wonderful as a kid. I had always written such a long list of toys and games I wanted and I think that my parents enjoyed seeing that look on my brother and I when we got something we really wanted because I can't remember a Christmas when I've been disappointed. 

As I got older Christmas lost its fun and excitement and I often just ate a little bit of the great food and then I was in my room doing whatever while my family hung out. 
I was in such a bad, dark place during so many Christmases that it wasn't any point with it (for me anyways) because how can you pretend to be happy over something when all you wanna do is lay on your bed and cry.

This year, however, I've been waiting for Christmas and I've loved every second of Christmas shopping and singing Carols because it has showed me that I am finally out of the bad dark place I was in last year. And I gotta say, that makes me really happy.

Merry Christmas, 
From Me to You


No comments:

Post a Comment