Saturday, September 21, 2013

Looking Back at "Skriba" (Confirmation camp)


Hello guys!

Today has just been one of those days where I've been missing summer so much and I realized I haven't actually written anything about my one week Confirmation camp I was at in the beginning of July so that's what you're gonna be reading about today!

First you all should know that when I say "Skriba" I mean a one week camp that you go to so that you can get Confirmed which I think every country has differently but in Finland we go to a camp.

Looking back at Skriba I find myself missing it way too much. I didn't think one week would pass on that quickly and when it actually did I was really, really sad.
Not only because it was all over, but because I felt like now we all go back to our normal lives and families and we might not hang out everyday like we had done for one full week.

It also made me really sad that the camp was over because during the camp I felt like I was finally apart of a really big group of friends who all were different but great and funny people, and I felt like it was horrible to have to go back to our normal lives again.
(I'm so close to DEMANDING someone to plan a weekend for our Skribagroup to just hang out and have the great fun that we did at the camp and it's actually really tempting. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaasseeeeeeeeeee?)

When I was packing for Skriba I honestly didn't have a clue what I should be expecting and I didn't have any hopes as to how the camp would turn out.
I had heard from Mikku what Skriba was like and how fun it could be but I wasn't sure if that would be the case for our Skriba.
We were such a mixed group of people and I felt like it wouldn't be able to get a strong relationship over one week. But oh, I think you can all scream at me now for being wrong because we did become a lot closer.

If I would start writing all about what we did at Skriba you would be sitting here for... Well... One week as It happened way too much there to tell you guys about it, but what I can say is that I don't think I've ever felt that many mixed emotions about something in my life.

One minute I was laughing and suddenly another minute we're all crying, like my emotions were all over the place that week and I don't think that's a secret haha. But most of the time it was just weird tears that decided they would start rolling down my face. (Does that ever happen to you? Hmmm it's weird...)

Now you might ask me WHAT exactly did we do at camp? Hmm... Well... 









There were these 2 guys that shaved their heads for a skit and I still don't understand w h y

What happened was we won the Olympic games sooooo we got this great award and had to kiss it


Victory is nice, I'm tellin' ya


The day we had to pack our bags and leave I cried because I felt like it was aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll over.

But thankfully we've hung out after the camp too but I'm still demanding a weekend for our Skriba like IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?! *Everyone, including myself, nods as they read this*

If I have to sum up Skriba in one word I would say Lifechanging, because that one week of camp changed my thought on a lot of things and it brought me closer to God. 

When I got to Skriba on Thursday, 27th June I didn't feel excited or hopeful, I actually felt like I wanted the week to be over.
On Thursday, 4th July I felt like I never wanted to leave. 

I know I'm writing this months after it all happened but when life gets all back to normal and we're all in the rush of school, hobbies and friendgroups I don't think we take enough time to look back at great things and remembering the good things in life, so I decided today was the day to do that. 

I wanna thank all of you lovely people who was at my Skriba, and I wanna say that I miss you guys, I truly do and NOW I'M DEMANDING AT LEAST A MOVIE NIGHT PLEASE.
Haha moooooooseeees

And thank you to Jenny for taking all the pictures except the first one and I know I stole them and I'm so sorry but I didn't have any pictures myself, just videos, sooooo I did what I could haha.




1 comment:

  1. Your blog is fabulous!
    Check out mine?
    http://kellyanngonsalves.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete